Known Friendlies

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Why did I read that anyway?

Wisconsin State Journal, you know. Letters to the editor. Comments sections. Editorial page. You see, editors make choices about the letters they publish, the stories they run. So when I see a letter comparing damage done to the Wisconsin state capital to terrorism my head hurts.

Why would an editor choose to run with such a letter? Seriously. Protestors are terrorists? Fuck. If I think generously, I'd say the paper picked a letter calling demonstrators terrorists just to illustrate the sheer stupid.

It's sheer stupid alright but I doubt making a letter writer look stupid was what the Journal had in mind with the selection. No, watching the Journal over time my guess is they're pandering.

They're trying to be fair, you see. Never mind that one of our citizens thinks demonstrations are acts of terrorism. Hell, that's a valid point right? Let's run with that one, Earl, you know, to show we're being fair.

The Wisconsin State Journal is a rag.

No comments:

Post a Comment